Are you a new user of QuickBooks Accounting Software and registering on it for the first time? Do you find an error message while activating the QuickBooks Product? Do you find difficulty in registering on QuickBooks? If you are really facing a QuickBooks error when trying to register, then we come up with the best solutions for you. In this article, we have discussed in detail about possible reasons for QuickBooks errors while registration and the possible solutions to deal with such errors. You can also contact our CPA DESK and contact us at +1 267-857-9587 for any kind of professional assistance.
QuickBooks Error when trying to register
As we all know that it is mandatory for the users of QuickBooks to provide the correct license number of QuickBooks Products. This license number is provided to you at the time of purchase of QuickBooks Products. In case, you have purchased a copy of its product, then you must validate it by providing it’s correct license number. Suppose, you are unable to provide the correct license number, then QuickBooks Registration Error occurs. You will get an error message showing “Error, The validation code is not correct, or the registration services are temporarily inactivated”. Apart from the wrong license number, there could be many reasons for QuickBooks error when trying to register.
Major Reasons causing QuickBooks Error when trying to register
- Weak Network Connection
- Invalid QuickBooks Product Code or License Number
- Suspended QuickBooks Product
- Damage of MSXML Window Components
Things to follow prior to performing troubleshooting steps.
- Use QuickBooks Refresher Tool to terminate all the running programs in the background.
- Reset the date and time of your desktop so as to step ahead for troubleshooting of QuickBooks errors when trying to register.
- Login your account as a window admin.
- Ensure to enter correct product code and license number.
- Window Firewall settings
When you configure the firewall of your window, it will make the internet connection smooth and avoid any network blockage. This will help you smooth the process of QuickBooks registration.
Follow the below steps:
- In the window start button, you should type and search for windows firewall in the files box.
- After getting the menu of windows firewall, you should click on it. Thereafter, select the advanced settings.
- You should right click on inbound rules and then click on to new rules.
- You should now select Port and thereafter click on to Next.
- You should ensure whether TCP is selected or not. If yes, you could proceed further from here.
- You should allow the connection by selecting on to Next.
- In the prompt window, you need to select all the profiles as displayed.
- You should click on next after giving a name to the new rule.
- Now you could click on to finish so as to complete the task.
If you still fail to fix the QuickBooks error when trying to register, then you should try for the next solution.
- Use QuickBooks Tool Hub as the best solution
For all the common issues and errors related to QuickBooks programs, QuickBooks Tool Hub works as an integrated solution.
- You should close QuickBooks so that you can download QuickBooks Tool Hub easily.
- After downloading, you can open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to install it.
- You can now select Program problems from this tool hub.
- You can now click on to QuickBooks Fix My Problem to ask QuickBooks to fix the problem.
- You should now re enter the product code and license number carefully.
If you still find it difficult to resolve, then try for the next solution.
- Registration of MSXML files as the core service
If you find MSXML core services are responsible for the QuickBooks error at the time of registration, then you should follow the below steps.
- You should hold Window + R keys and enter CMD in the run box window.
- You should press enter. Also in the prompt window, you can give commands by typing cd/window/syswow64.
- You should press enter and again give command by typing as regsvr32 MSXML4.dll. Again press enter and proceed further.
- Again give command in the prompt window as regsvr32 MSXML6.dll then, press enter again.
- Give administrative rights to user accounts.
One of the main root causes of registration error in QuickBooks is the lack of proper administrative rights to its users. When you give these rights to its users, then most of the QuickBooks activation errors get resolved themselves.
We hope you find this article helpful. But if you still find difficulty in resolving the QuickBooks registration error, then feel free to take help from our CPA DESK.